Literature Quiz 22
1. “For Whom the Bell Tolls” is set in the backdrop of which one of the following?
Amercian Civil War
Spanish Civil War
2. For which one of the following books did Toni Morrison win the Pulitzer Prize in 1987?
The Bluest Eye
Song of Solomon
3. This Nobel Prize winning poet is often considered as the national poet of Chile
Pablo de Rokha
4. Which Nobel Laureate’s debute novel is “The Tin Drum”?
Paul von Heyse
5. Who is considered to be the founder of modern Russian Literature?
6. A dog named Buck is the central character of this novel which is set inYukon, Canada during the 1890’s Klodike Gold Rush.
The Art of Racing in the Rain
The Call of the Wild
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
7. “Jabberwocky” is a nonsense poem written by a famous writer of children’s fiction. Who is he?
8. Who wrote “Marriage and Morals”?
George Bernard Shaw
9. Which one of the following writers is known for his/her works exploring Indian-immigrant experience in America?
10. Jarndyce and Jarndyce is an interminable law case in which one of the following Dickens’ novels?
The Battle of Life
Dombey and Son
More Recently Added Literature Quiz