Literature Quiz 23
1. “Haroun and the Sea of Stories” is a 1990 children’s book by a famous writer. Name the writer
J K Rowling
2. Name the Indian environmental activist who wrote “Making Peace with the Earth”
3. “Nine Hours to Rama” is a novel with Mahatma Gandhi’s murder as the central plot. Do you know who wrote it?
4. This award is given to the most distinguished American picture book for children
5. Which one of the following is NOT a Japanese literary award?
6. “India After Nehru” is written by
7. “The Trial of God” is a play about a fictional trial calling God as the defendant written by an Jewish-American writer who is a Holocaust survivor and recipient of Nobel Peace Prize in 1986. Who is he?
8. This Canadian-American writer who is a recipient of Nobel Prize for Literature and Pulitzer Prize (both in 1976) is the only writer to receive National Book Award for Fiction three times.
9. The Oscar winning movie “Slumdog Millionaire” is based on a book “Q & A”. Who is the author of the book?
V S Naipaul
10. “the Calcutta Chromosome” written by and Indian writer is a medical thriller that won Arthur C Clarke Award in 1997. Who is the author?